Hey Sugars! We’ve partnered with Jenna Rae Cakes to serve up a sweet surprise this St. Paddy’s day. Using some of our favorite Sugarfina candies, Jenna Rae Cakes showed us how to create …
We’ve partnered with Jenna Rae Cakes to serve up a sweet surprise this St. Paddy’s day. Using some of our favorite Sugarfina candies, Jenna Rae Cakes showed us how to create your own surprise-center pot o’ gold layer cake to add a stroke of good luck to your St. Paddy’s celebration.
See below for a simple 5 step instruction on how to make it yourself, along with a fun video tutorial!
- Prepare your favorite sponge cake recipe, then separate the batter into 4 batches. Tint each batch a different color to create a layered rainbow effect in the final cake. Bake each cake layer in an 8” round cake pan. Cool completely, then level off the top of each cake layer to create a flat surface.
- Using a 3” cutter, cut a small round circle out of 3 of the 4 cake layers. Start with one circle cut layer, frost, and repeat with remaining two circle cut layers.
- Fill cake with gold Sugarfina Pearls! Top with last full cake layer. Frost side and top of cake into a smooth surface.
- Top with buttercream peaks, and an assortment of candies and sweet treats.
- Cut in and enjoy the sweet surprise!
Some sweet facts about Jenna Rae Cakes:
Self-taught cake designer Jenna Rae and designer and photo stylist Ashley Nicole co-own Jenna Rae Cakes, a boutique bakery located in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. The lovely shop is known for its elegant, colorful and delicious selection of freshly baked sweet treats and beautifully detailed custom cakes. Their cakes and sweet treats have been featured in Martha Stewart Weddings, Once Wed, Brides, Style Me Pretty and more.